Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Car Jack Streets

I've been playing GTA: Chinatown Wars on my DS for the last week and have been really enjoying it. It's the perfect game to play for a few minutes here and there. In fact, it seems like the perfect game to play on your iPhone...

Well, touchArcade has a review of a GTA-like game for the iPhone called Car Jack Streets. It was developed by Tag Games which includes some folk who worked on the original top-down GTA series back when the developers were known as DMA Design!

Because I'm in the middle of GTA on the DS I haven't bought the game yet - but the screen shots and video look neat - and it only costs $4.99 (that's $5.99 for us Aussies) which is cheaper than a pizza.

It's amazing, but the iPhone really is changing the way games are being made, distributed and priced. Indie gamers are finding their voice and a market.

I'll be grabbing a copy once I finish GTA. In the meantime, if you've got it and played it, let me know what you think.

www.passfieldgames.com

No comments: