Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Textfyre - Text Adventures Strike Back

This was covered on the web a few weeks ago but I thought it was worth pointing out for those who may have missed it...

Textfyre is an interactive fiction developer who plans on putting text adventures back in the gaming public eye. Gamasutra ran an interview with founder, David Cornelson last month in which he outlines Textfyre's plans. He plans to initially sell the new titles online, with a view to eventually selling them as boxed packages in Borders and Barnes and Noble. Not a bad idea.

I can see his logic in thinking there may be a market for text adventures, given the popularity of Young Reader fiction book titles. I used to love text adventures as a kid and found it really easy to lose myself in their worlds. I wonder if this still applies to kids today? Well, I hope he does well with his venture - I tip my hat to him for trying something different in today's market.

If you'd like to read more, Grand Text Auto has some other information here.

www.passfieldgames.com

No comments: